Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Micah's First Few Days

As everyone surely knows by now, Micah Louis Black was born at 3:48 a.m. on Monday, July 2.

Before we get to Micah's arrival, here are a few pictures of how we spent our time waiting for him to get here. My mom and aunt arrived on Tuesday June 26th, so we had nearly a week of waiting before Micah decided to join us. 

The first night was cool enough to eat outside, so we enjoyed the deck before the unbearable heat came the next few days.  



Mama, Janice and I went out to lunch with Jonathan.  Doesn't Jonathan look old here?


This is a final belly shot the morning of my due date.  I was already in labor here but didn't know it yet. I wasn't convinced that I was having contractions.  Shows what I know!




This is me shortly after I got the epidural. After several rough hours I was extremely grateful for the pain relief!


Meeting Micah for the first time!  I had been laboring for 10 hours.  Thankfully, this time I only had to push a few times.  :)





This was my labor nurse Beth.  She was awesome!


First bath.



The brothers meet.




Grandma


Aunt Janice





Grandma gave Jonathan his own baby doll.  He loves it.




Waiting to head home.


More to come.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo he is such a doll! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Your mom is too gorgeous for words. The Nelson girls come by their beauty genetically!

    2) J-Man looks old in that pic with Mama and Aunt Janice, but he looks SOOO grownup in that pic of him with his baby, too! Such a little man.

    3) I think Micah looks like you!!! I thought all little babies kinda looked like their dads, so this blows a hole in that theory. What do you think??

    ReplyDelete